Don is the Principal Partner and CEO of Jones Birdsong LLP. Don
is also the founder, managing partner and CEO of Zataway Partners LLC and DHB Consulting
LLC. Prior to forming these entities, Don held a number of senior management positions in
the insurance brokerage industry.
2005 – 2009 Hays Companies Don served as
chairman of Hays Companies, which ranked 20th in the Business Insurance broker rankings for
2008. During his tenure at Hays, revenues grew from $60 million to over $100 million. In
addition to his duties as chairman, Don assisted in the production of major P&C accounts and
led the acquisition of three major business units.
1997 – 2005 Marsh & McLennan Don came to Marsh by way of the Johnson &
Higgins acquisition. During this time he held the following positions:
- Board Member, Marsh Inc. (1999 – 2005)
- CEO, Marsh Risk Consulting (2001 – 2005)
- Regional Manager, Marsh Inc. (1998 – 2001)
1978 – 1997 Johnson & Higgins
- Board Member and Managing Principal (1996 – 1997)
- Midwest Regional Manager (1995 – 1997)
- Office Head, Minneapolis and Chicago offices (1991 – 1995)
- Founding COO, J&H/KVI (1984 – 1987)
- CFO/Treasurer, Minnesota and New England business operations (1978 – 1984)
Don graduated in 1974 from the University of St. Thomas with a
B.A. in accounting.